Monday 27 February 2017

Dispatch Draft 2 | Putting Feedback Into Motion

Changes Made
Using the feedback of my class, I've cut the trailer down to 33 seconds rather than 1minute 30seconds, this is closer to a teaser trailer than a normal trailer, but with still some shots to add I'm hoping it doesn't increase the time too much
I cut the scene of me walking down the drive, and the wider angle of Chris walking to the door, I also cut out framed shot through the bannisters of me running out. I also added black fading in and out between each scene, this is to stop too quick a change of shots, and also the music will be edited around these fades for a more dramatic effect
Finally I removed all sound, since all the shots of me talking have been removed and all that was left was background noise from around the house, so in the near future I'll foley sounds to stop the trailer being dead silent apart from the music
Feedback on Draft 2
Everyone agreed that the pace was quicker like a teaser trailer, and thought that fades of black split up the scenes very well, but I could experiment around with the speed of these fades by testing them longer and shorter.
A major point a few people made was that I should include some of the scenes I had removed, such as the walking down the drive and bannister shot, but just little snippets for variety of shots, Max suggested uses of jump shots to keep the same shot while keeping the trailer moving as quick as the rest
Changes to Make
I'm going to be adding in the scenes I removed, I'm going to mess around with jump cuts for each shot and test timings, as long as I can keep is below 45 seconds including these shots then that will be fine. I still need to add the running shots after this house scene.
For the bannister shot, I'm going to re-film it as well as add it back in, the shot will be through the bannisters rather than across the top of them. This will create better framing and a longer shot of me running across, it'll also open up the possibility of cutting into the drone shot then leading on to other shots.
Finally I'll be playing around with the length of the dark fades to see if I can cut down the time in order to fit more variety of shots in


No comments:

Post a Comment