Monday 16 January 2017

Drone Research

Living Near an Airport
Since I first received my drone I was aware that we were near an airport. When starting up my Phantom professional, it has a GPS map showing various areas with different colours, it also sends me an alert that I'm within an area which could present danger to planes. I haven't taken the drone to Catton Park and seen if it gives the same warning, but since there are high tree's and I wont be flying it higher than the trees I wont be going too high in order to create a crash or present danger to a plane.
 Screenshot from BBC Documentary 'Drones: WTF?' (Time - 3:05)
Filming in a Park
Flying in a park presents the danger of others being in the park, since this is the local dog park, I will also have to take into account the dogs and how they could affect filming or safety. The only way around the problem is not filming near anyone is checking the area is clear, I also won't be flying high, so the possibility of the drone falling and injuring someone, would most likely only affect me since the drone will be above or following me. (I will be covering the risk oft he drone in my risk assessment) I will try and film during the day, this will mean no kids will be at the park, and most adults will be at work, minimising the amount of people out and about in the park. 
 Screenshot from BBC Documentary 'Drones: WTF?' (Time - 3:00)
Heigh Limit
The expert within the video says not to be an idiot, don't fly drones above 400ft, I won't be flying anywhere near this altitude. In the part I will be flying as high as 20meters above myself, I won't be going as high as the trees surrounding me and above anyone else that isn't taking part in my filming/film.
Screenshot from BBC Documentary 'Drones: WTF?' (Time - 3:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment